Your most valuable asset is the data that your business runs on, so securing and protecting that data is priority number one! Yet you want to take advantage of all the improved business productivity and accessibility that can be gained by migrating to the cloud.
If you’ve been thinking that you can’t have secure data in the cloud, it’s time to think again! Microsoft Azure is a highly secure cloud platform, offering a variety of protection strategies and features to keep any organization safe while they operate in the cloud. Azure starts by offering two types of protection, the Infrastructure Protection and Customer Protection.
Infrastructure Protection includes four powerful layers:
- Network Access Layer: Isolates your Azure private network from the rest of the internet.
- DDos/DOS/IDS Layer: Utilizes different technologies than on-site deployments to meet similar security demands and goals for protection against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- Host Firewalls: These protect the hosts at all times, while offering additional protection with VLANs for key assets.
- Two Factor Authentication: Users must have two ways to authenticate their identity upon login, in addition to compliance with other security and privacy requirements.
Customer Protection: Microsoft Azure also offers protection on the consumer end, including three layers of customer security services.
- A firewall that isolates customers’ deployments
- A Cloud Access Layer that connects them to the virtual network and offers load balancing.
- The third layer offers virtual network appliances, firewalls, and other solutions that can be deployed on the customer’s operating machine within the virtual machine.
How to Secure the Azure Environment
The Azure platform offers intuitive features for security, including:
- Host and Guest Firewalls
- Isolation within VM
- Multiple NICs and Network Virtual Appliances
Consult with Hanu Managed Services to better understand these areas of security and how they protect your business in the cloud. Microsoft Azure is a multi-tenant cloud platform that operates on a shared infrastructure, providing access and support for millions of customers. As such, it is critical for Azure to have the best security features in place to protect the millions of active virtual machines (VMs). Azure’s virtual network utilizes a combination of security features, including logical isolation, access controls, firewalls, authentication, and encryption for the protection of data in-transit and in storage.
Through the virtual network, separation of these elements will allow customers to rely on security features of Azure to assist in building and protecting their own infrastructure.
The cloud service model provides a shared responsibility between customers and cloud providers, with the customer naturally owning ultimate fiduciary responsibility for the safety of their business data. Hanu Managed Services brings the expertise you require for peace of mind, knowing that your data is secure. Contact HMS for further information about how to assure security of your data on the Microsoft Azure Platform.